Nutrition and Training Program
This 17-week group nutrition and training program, led by Dina Griffin and Adam St. Pierre will help you prepare for and complete your Dirty 30 race of choice! As a participant in this program, you will receive worksheets, webinars, videos and comprehensive training program related to optimizing your nutrition for health, training, and race day. This program includes a static workout program, including notes to maximize each workout, as well as weekly training and nutrition tips provided through a special Facebook group!
Program Begins February 5, 2018
Deadline to Register: February 28, 2018
Whether you are training for your first 50k, dabbling in the 12-mile distance at the Golden Gate Dirty 30, or you are more of an experienced trail runner, getting your nutrition and training structured and optimized to support your health and racing goals has numerous short- and long-term benefits.
Are you confused whether you should pursue high carb, low carb, keto, or some other diet? Do you have fat loss as one of your goals? Do you know your daily diet needs some help but not sure where to start? Are you unsure how many calories and what type of fuel you should consume for your training runs and your race? Are you unsure of how to structure your running workouts so you avoid those nagging injuries while maximizing your potential? Are you someone who would rather just go for runs and let someone else worry about the how to of it all? Would you like to be supported by a world-class coach and sport dietitian to have expert guidance? Do you want to be part of the 100% finish rate of the Dirty 30 racers? Do you prefer to finish with tears of Joy rather than tears of pain? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then get on board with this exciting and one-of-a-kind opportunity!
Who’s this program for? Experienced ultra-runners, trail runners, or any first timers to the Dirty 30 Running. You can be signed up for any race distance at either the Golden Gate Dirty 30 or the Silverton Ultra Marathon to participate.
- A Welcome webinar, plus 4 monthly webinars packed with valuable tips, tools and information to improve your nutrition. (recorded for incase you miss one or want to watch again)
- A comprehensive static, 17-week training program from Coach St. Pierre that is specific to terrain with notes to help you get the most out of the program. Note: If you desire one-on-one coaching, that is tailored to your individual needs and changing schedule with weekly meetings with Adam, this can be purchased separately at a link on the training page of the Dirty 30 website. If you would like to be a part of this nutrition program and you would like one-on-one coaching with Adam, you may do so by paying $200 for the nutrition component of this program.
- Weekly Q&A threads on Facebook with Coach St. Pierre and Sport Dietitian Dina
Weekly topics presented by Adam or Dina on Facebook group:
|2/7||Daily Nutrition, Part 1 – Your Base for Health and Which “Diet” is Best?|
|2/14||Your Training and The Big Picture|
|2/21||Daily Nutrition, Part 2 – Weight Loss Tips and Daily Nutrition Optimization|
|2/28||Supplemental Training (Strength and non-running aerobic modalities)|
|3/7||Physiology testing and how it can affect your training/racing|
|3/21||Structuring nutrition to support and recover from training sessions|
|3/28||Uphill and downhill running|
|4/4||Training nutrition & hydration|
|4/11||The Long Run(s)|
|4/18||Sports Nutrition Myth Busting|
|4/25||High Intensity Training|
|5/2||Nutrition Wildcard topic|
|5/9||Peaking and Tapering|
|5/16||Nutrition leading up to race day & Race day nutrition/hydration|
|5/23||Race week logistics|
|5/30||Final Nutrition Thoughts for race day|
Educational worksheets from Dina to support Facebook and webinar discussion topics:
- Daily Nutrition Strategies for Weight Loss
- Daily Nutrition Strategies for Improving Health
- How to adjust nutrition to support training (nutrition periodization)
- Training Nutrition
- Hydration and electrolytes
- Race preparation and race day planning/guidelines
Service discounts to be included for enrolling in this program:
- 10% discount on a Metabolic Efficiency assessment, valid only at Boulder location with Dina Griffin. Information on this testing can be found here: https://www.enrgperformance.com/metabolic-efficiency-testing/
- 10% discount on sweat sodium concentration testing, valid only at Boulder location with Dina Griffin. Information on this testing service can be found here: https://www.enrgperformance.com/sweat-sodium-concentration-testing/
- All testing services that are discounted must be used by June 1, 2018
- 20% off all Orange Mud products.
- A $2200 Value for the Price of $350 + online registration fee.
Early Registration – Register by January 31st and Save $20. Registration begins on January 20, 2018
You may also register for the Dirty30 Training Program by sending a check to Golden Gate Dirty 30, 501 E Chester St, Apt B, Lafayette, CO 80026.