WANT A FREE RACE REGISTRATION? Raise $1500 for Big Brothers Big Sisters and be reimbursed for your registration fee. See below for fundraising details.
|Race Distance||Until Feb. 28th||Thru April 30||Thru Aug 11|
NOTE: All 100K entrants MUST run a qualifying race or obtain special permission from the race director. All 55K and 100K entrants are encouraged to raise a minimum of $500 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of SW Colorado – Details below.
100K Registration Includes:
- A top-notch mountain ultra-marathon running experience
- 61 miles of the most amazingly spectacular single-track trails, including 23 miles along the most scenic part of the famous Colorado Trail. Mostly single-track trails in remote areas. A couple miles of dirt roads in the beginning, and a few in the end, but they are remote. You will not be contending with cars except for approx 3 miles.
- Experienced, knowledgeable volunteers, including medical and communications staff
- 6 Well-stocked and well-supported aid stations
- Top quality, men’s and women’s specific tech tee – Guaranteed only to those who register before July 1st.
- High-quality finisher medal
- Awards Breakfast and Ceremony
- Spot transceiver to provide tracking for safety as well as providing a way for family and friends to follow you from the comfort of their home or from the Gym in Silverton. (This is mandatory service costing $45 / runner that the race covers for you)
- Pacer support at Aid 5 and 6.
55K Registration Includes:
- A top-notch mountain ultra-marathon running experience
- 35.3 miles of the most amazingly spectacular single-track trails, including 16.32 miles of the most spectacular part of the famous Colorado Trail. Mostly single-track trails in remote areas. A couple miles of dirt roads in the beginning, and a few in the end, but they are remote. You will no be contending with cars except for approx 3 miles.
- Experienced, knowledgeable volunteers and medical and communications staff
- 4 Well-stocked and well-supported aid stations and 1 remote aid station.
- Top quality, men’s and women’s specific tech tee
- Awards Breakfast and Ceremony Sunday morning
- Unique Finisher Poster created by a professional artist
- Super generous finish-line cut off ( 5:00 am – 21.5 hour cut off)
- Spot transceiver to provide tracking for safety as well as providing a way for family and friends to follow you from the comfort of their home. This is $45 / runner cost.
With 10 years experience directing the Golden Gate Dirty 30, a successful, well organized race in the Denver area, 2 years organizing the Silverton Ultra Marathon and 9 years of volunteering for the Famous Hardrock 100, Megan has the experience and knowledge to create a top notch experience for each entrant.
Due to high altitude, remoteness and distance between aid stations, Silverton Ultra Marathon 100K participants must possess mountain running experience. Your registration will be validated upon qualification verification through Ultra Sign Up. 55K Racers do not need a qualifying race, but know you will be spending 14 miles at 11,000 ft or above.
List of Qualifying Races
- Golden Gate Dirty/ Ultimate Direction 30
- Any mountainous 100-miler with 15,000+ feet of climbing
- Any mountainous 100-km with 8,000+ feet of climbing
- Neversummer 100-km
- Pocatello 100-km
- San Juan Solstice 50-mile
- Jemez Mountain 50-mile
- Bighorn 50-mile
- Run Rabbit Run 50-mile
- Telluride Mountain Run
- Leadville Silver Rush 50- mile
- Grand Traverse – 40 mile
- The Rut
- Speedgoat 50K
- Silverton Double Dirty 30 – 35M
- Silverton Alpine 50K
- Completing the 4 pass loop in 1 go
If you have not run one of the events in the list above but would like to submit another accomplishment for consideration, please email the RD. She is looking to see that you are competent in endurance events at high altitude and understand the demands of quickly changing weather patterns.
Trail Work Requirement
It is important to commit time to help improve and sustain the the trails that we enjoy. All Silverton Ultra Marathon participants are encouraged to complete 8 hours of volunteer trail work and to raise a minimum of $500 for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Come join us July 14 -15th in Silverton as we join forces with Hardrock to maintain the trails on this course and in the Silverton area. Dirty 30 will also be hosting trail work on May 19th in Golden Gate Canyon State Park 1 hour west of downtown Denver.
Silverton Ultra Marathon is a fundraising event. We have made it very easy for you to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of SW Colorado by downloading the fundraising letter and sending it to your friends and family. (Megan raised $2,500 in just 2 weeks with a letter very similar to this when she ran the Hardrock 100). New in 2018, we have a committed group of people from Big Brothers Big Sisters who are there to help you with your fundraising efforts. Details on the GO BIG or GO HOME Page
Get a Free Entry to the 2018 Silverton Ultra Marathon:
- Raise $1,000 and you will be refunded 1/2 your entry fee.
- Raise $1,500 and you will be refunded your entire entry fee.
Top 3 fundraisers will receive awesome prize packages:
- The Peaks Resort and Spa in Telluride, CO – 3 nights in this beautiful resort. Breakfast included.
- Visit Durango Weekend Get Away package: 2 nights hotel stay, fine dining for 2, two train tickets on the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Gear Package
- Wait List. The wait list will open up on UltraSignup as soon as all the race spots have filled. Our permit allows us to start 250 runners. If you find yourself on the wait list in the days before the race and you really want to run, you may show up at registration and be ready for any last-minute vacancies.
- Transfers/Refunds. NO REFUNDS. NO TRANSFERS. You may defer your entry according to the following timeline:
- Cancellations before March 31st – 100% of your entry fee deferred to the following year.
- Cancellations between April 1st and July 14th – 50% of your entry fee deferred to the following year.
- Cancellations after July 14th – 0% deferred to the following year.
- Email the race director if you would like to defer your entry. Please understand that an event such as this cannot be planned and executed with the uncertainty of each runner’s changing needs. If you need to cancel, please contact the RD and provide the date and name you registered under. In the event the race is cancelled due to extreme weather, fire, or for some other unforeseeable event outside of our control, we cannot offer refunds.
- Please know the RD is sympathetic to your unforeseen circumstances that is causing you to miss this race, but understand we are not able to make exceptions to the no refund rule and the deferred entry rule. This event and others like it, incur high costs and must pay bills way before this race takes place. We cannot plan an event trying to guess if people are going to show up or cancel. We hope you will come enjoy the event, if you cannot make it, know that your entry fee is going to support this race so that it continues and you may come experience it next year.