|Race Distance||Until Feb. 28th||Thru April 30||Thru July 27|
NOTE: All 100K entrants MUST run a qualifying race or obtain special permission from the race director.
100K Registration Includes:
- A top-notch mountain ultra-marathon running experience
- 62.34 miles of the most amazingly spectacular single-track trails, including 23 miles along the most scenic part of the famous Colorado Trail. All single-track except for .88 mi of pavement leaving town and a total of 2.8 miles of dirt roads where you will not be contending with cars.
- An abundance of experienced, knowledgeable, attentive volunteers, including medical and communications staff
- 6 Well-stocked and well-supported aid stations including 2 remote aid stations.
- Top quality, men’s and women’s specific RACER tech tee – Guaranteed only to those who register before July 1st. Racer shirt will be given to those who race. You will receive it after your race.
- High-quality finisher medal
- Finisher Poster
- Awards Ceremony
- Spot transceiver to provide tracking for safety as well as providing a way for family and friends to follow you from the comfort of their home or from the Gym in Silverton. (This is mandatory service costing $45 / runner that the race covers for you)
- Pacer support at Aid 5 and 6.
55K Registration Includes:
- A top-notch mountain ultra-marathon running experience
- 35.3 miles of the most amazingly spectacular single-track trails, including 16.32 miles of the most spectacular part of the famous Colorado Trail. Mostly single-track trails in remote areas. A couple miles of dirt roads in the beginning, and a few in the end, but they are remote. You will no be contending with cars except for approx 3 miles.
- Experienced, knowledgeable volunteers and medical and communications staff
- 4 Well-stocked and well-supported aid stations and 1 remote aid station.
- Top quality, men’s and women’s specific Racer tech tee. Must Register by July 1st to be guaranteed a shirt and the shirt is given to racers only at the finish line.
- Awards Ceremony Sunday morning
- Unique Finisher Poster created by a professional artist
- Spot transceiver to provide tracking for safety as well as providing a way for family and friends to follow you from the comfort of their home. This is $45 / runner cost.
With 11 years experience directing the Golden Gate Dirty 30, a successful, well organized race in the Denver area, 3 years organizing the Silverton Ultra Marathon and 10 years of volunteering for the Famous Hardrock 100, Megan has the experience and knowledge to create a top notch experience for each entrant.
Due to high altitude, remoteness and distance between aid stations, Silverton Ultra Marathon 100K participants must possess mountain running experience. Your registration will be validated upon qualification verification through Ultra Sign Up. 55K Racers do not need a qualifying race, but know you will be spending 14 miles at 11,000 ft or above.
List of Qualifying Races
- Golden Gate Dirty/ Ultimate Direction 30
- Any mountainous 100-miler with 15,000+ feet of climbing
- Any mountainous 100-km with 8,000+ feet of climbing
- Neversummer 100-km
- Pocatello 100-km
- San Juan Solstice 50-mile
- Jemez Mountain 50-mile
- Bighorn 50-mile
- Run Rabbit Run 50-mile
- Telluride Mountain Run
- Leadville Silver Rush 50- mile
- Grand Traverse – 40 mile
- The Rut
- Speedgoat 50K
- Silverton Ultra Marathon, 55K
- Silverton Alpine 50K
- Completing the 4 pass loop in 1 go
If you have not run one of the events in the list above but would like to submit another accomplishment for consideration, please email the RD. She is looking to see that you are competent in endurance events at high altitude and understand the demands of quickly changing weather patterns.
Trail Work Requirement
It is important to commit time to help improve and sustain the the trails that we enjoy. All Silverton Ultra Marathon participants are ENCOURAGED to complete 8 hours of volunteer trail work . Come join us July 13-14, 2019 in Silverton as we join forces with Hardrock to maintain the trails on this course and in the Silverton area. Dirty 30 will also be hosting trail work on May 18, 2019 in Golden Gate Canyon State Park 1 hour west of downtown Denver.
- Wait List. The wait list will open up on UltraSignup as soon as all the race spots have filled. Our permit allows us to start 250 runners. If you find yourself on the wait list in the days before the race and you really want to run, you may show up at registration and be ready for any last-minute vacancies.
- Race packets including a race shirt will only be given to those who race.
- Transfers/Refunds. NO REFUNDS. NO TRANSFERS. You may defer your entry according to the following timeline:
- Cancellations before March 31st – 100% of your entry fee deferred to the following year.
- Cancellations between April 1st and July 14th – 50% of your entry fee deferred to the following year.
- Cancellations after July 14th – 0% deferred to the following year.
- Email the race director if you would like to defer your entry. Please understand that an event such as this cannot be planned and executed with the uncertainty of each runner’s changing needs. If you need to cancel, please contact the RD and provide the date and name you registered under. In the event the race is cancelled due to extreme weather, fire, or for some other unforeseeable event outside of our control, we cannot offer refunds.
- Please know the RD is sympathetic to your unforeseen circumstances that is causing you to miss this race, but understand we are not able to make exceptions to the no refund rule and the deferred entry rule. This event and others like it, incur high costs and must pay bills way before this race takes place. We cannot plan an event trying to guess if people are going to show up or cancel. We hope you will come enjoy the event, if you cannot make it, know that your entry fee is going to support this race so that it continues and you may come experience it next year.