May 19 – Golden Gate Canyon State Park, Black Hawk, CO –
- Time: 7:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
- Where: We will meet at the Visitor Center Parking lot. 13 miles up Highway 46 from Hwy 93 at the 2nd Crawford Gulch Rd.
- What to Bring: wear long pants and sturdy shoes. rain jacket, water, lunch, hat, sun glasses, leather work gloves, sunscreen, your trail work form if you are needing to get it signed to show you volunteered.
- In the event of BAD WEATHER and we need to cancel our trail work day, we will work on June 16th.
July 14 – 15, 2018 – Silverton, CO
Due to the 416 fire currently burning just south of Silverton and the extreme fire danger it is looking like the trail work for July 14th and 15th could very well be canceled. Email email@example.com if you are interested in joining the tail work in Silverton and she will let you know if it a go. She may set a new date for trail work in August or September and would love to have your help.
Trail Crew Leader Training
We collaborating with Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado to train people to become trail crew leaders. We need trail crew leaders to help lead the rising number of volunteers who are showing up for trail work days. This is a fun and very rewarding way to give back to the trails we love so much.
- Date: May 19 & 20
- Where: Golden Gate Canyon State Park
- Who: Anyone who is interested can join us for the training, whether you have had experience or not.
- Cost: Approximately $75
- Those who get trained and lead 2 days of trail work at the Hardrock trail work days will receive an extra lottery ticket for leading trail work. The idea is you will come back year after year to lead a crew. You will be rewarded with an extra ticket each year that you lead a trail crew.
Training held by: Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado (click here to register)
If you are interested in getting trained as a trail boss and you do not live in the Denver area, check out the link below to see where their other classes are being held.
If you are interested in joining us for this great opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.