Silverton Ultra Dirty is Permanently Cancelled.
100-Mile - Cancelled
100K and 60K - Cancelled
All 100M, 100K, and 60K racers must qualify for this race. Please see the QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS PAGE for details.
DIRTY 30 RUNNER
Become a DIRTY 30 RUNNER by racing the Dirty 30, 50K and the Silverton Ultra Dirty distance of your choice. Fastest combined times will be awarded. Receive a 15% discount for SUD when signing up for both races. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a discount.
All 100M, 100K, and 60K racers must carry a GEN3 or InReach GPS tracker for the race duration (cell phones or watch GPS's will not work and are not acceptable.). The San Juan County Sheriff requires GPS Tracking as a safety measure. If you own one of these GPS trackers, you may register yourself and your tracker's number on the MAProgress registration page. If you do not own a GPS tracker, you may rent one from MAProgress for $49. All racers must register for tracking within 24 hours after you register for this race at MAProgress.com. ( If you are planning on purchasing a tracker, you are granted a 2 week grace period to get this done. This grace period does not apply if you are registering for this race after July 1st.). If you rent a tracker, you will pick it up at packet pick up and return it at the finish line. Once you have registered your tracker make sure it shows up on the Silverton Ultra Dirty course map on the Silverton Ultra Dirty map page.
If you're using an inReach device for tracking the Silverton Ultra Dirty then we would ask you to switch to the Garmin "Safety" plan, we have experienced long delays (of up to 6 hours or more) when on an "Unlimited" satellite subscription, or as Garmin state "For Service Plans that include unlimited texting or tracking, message transmission speeds may be reduced following a period of heavy use" or "Top users may experience decreased message speeds". 6 hour delay in updating your location makes it impossible for your crew to know when to meet you at the next aid station and it make it difficult for our safety team to know where you are.
100M, 100K, and 60K Registration Includes:
- A top-notch mountain ultra-marathon running experience
- A 98% single-track trail course either a single loop (100K & 60K) or a point-to-point (100M) in the high, remote, and the spectacular San Juan Mountains.
- An abundance of experienced, knowledgeable, attentive volunteers, including medical and communications staff
- 13, 6, or 4 well-stocked and well-supported aid stations, including four remote aid stations.
- Top-quality, men's and women's specific race shirts.
- High-quality finisher medal that doubles as a coaster
- 100-Mile Finishers are awarded a stunning hand made belt buckle
- Awards ceremony
- Access to the Dirty 30 5-Month Training Plan by David Roche and 4-Month Strength Training Program by Jess Elliott.
- Access to the 5 Happy Hour Events featuring top ultra running coaches, athletes, and more.
- Pacer support.
Trail Work - REQUIRED
We feel it is essential all ultra runners commit time to help improve and sustain the trails we enjoy. All Silverton Ultra Dirty participants are REQUIRED to complete 8 hours of volunteer trail work. You may sign up for our trail work projects or you may join an organized trail work project in your area. If you cannot complete 8-hours of volunteer trail work, instead you may donate $100 to the Colorado Trail Foundation. Check out our TRAIL WORK Page for details on our trail work days in Silverton and Golden Gate Canyon State Park, CO. Trail Work Qualification Requirements
REFUNDS — NO REFUNDS.
- REPEAT - NO REFUNDS. According to the schedule below, you may defer your entry to the following year only. Please mark your calendar with these deadlines:
- Until Feb. 28th - 75% Deferral
- Mar. 1 - May 31 - 50% Deferral
- Jun 1 - Jun 30 -25% Deferral
- July 1 - Race Day - 0% Deferral
- PREGNANCY DEFERRAL — Women who become pregnant between registration and June 1 may defer 75% of their entry fee to the following year. You must notify the Race Director by June 1 to cancel and postpone your registration. Include a photo of your ultrasound with your name and date
- NO BIB TRANSFERS — Entrants may not transfer their entry/bib to another runner under any circumstances. We will disqualify anyone found using another runner's bib.
- TRANSFER TO A DIFFERENT SUD RACE DISTANCE — You may switch distances at the Silverton Ultra Dirty without paying a race transfer fee. If you transfer up in distance you will need to pay the entry fee difference. There is no refund if you transfer down in distance. You may switch race distance up to the day before your race. Email the Race Director with your request.
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER DIRTY 30 RACE — If a spot is available, we encourage you to transfer your entry to another Dirty 30 Trail Race Series Race. This option allows you to apply your entire entry fee, plus a $25 transfer fee to the race of your choice. If the race is full, you will need to get on the waitlist to transfer. If you transfer up in distance you will need to pay the entry fee difference. There is no refund if you transfer down in distance. Email the Race Director with your request.
- RACE CANCELLATION — Runner safety is our priority. The Race Director and Race officials reserve the right to cancel or alter the race due to conditions outside our control, such as weather, fires, pandemics, or other acts of nature. We will defer a portion of the entry fee to the following year's race based on when the race is canceled. If the we must cancel the race within 30 days of the race, there are NO REFUNDS OR DEFERRAL. Your entry fee is already spent by this time.
- WAITLIST — Once the race fills, the waitlist will open. Go to Ultra Sign Up and sign up for your race waitlist (100M, 100K, or 60K). You will be required to enter your credit card info but will not be charged until you are entered into the race. Once a spot opens up on the waitlist you will automatically be entered into the race and your credit card will be charged at that time. Do not enter your name on the waitlist unless you are certain you want to race.
- Important: We will send you critical emails. Please use an email address you check regularly and be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts to avoid these emails being sent to your spam folder.